Friday’s severe weather in the New Castle County area caused outages for about 14,000 customers. We have assessed heavy tree damage and flooding. Crews are back working around the clock to restore service for our customers. View the damage we're assessing here: https://youtu.be/4MBuu50y92I
For Immediate Release
Internet tool enables customers to view energy use, impact on environment
NEWARK, Del. - Delmarva Power has launched an online carbon footprint calculator which helps consumers determine the environmental impact of their personal energy use. The Web-based tool is available at www.delmarva.com on the site's homepage.
"Delmarva Power is on the leading edge of providing useful information to its customers that will go a long way toward helping them achieve lower energy bills and protect our environment," said Gary Stockbridge, President, Delmarva Power Region.
The carbon footprint calculator determines customers' environmental impact based on their energy use, including waste, water and transportation. Some highlights of the Web-based, carbon emissions calculator include:
· Educating residential customers on their carbon emissions and what makes up their carbon footprints;
· Assisting customers in quantifying their current carbon footprints;
· Showing customers how their emissions compare to others;
· Assisting customers in reducing their carbon footprints by encouraging them to adopt efficient, carbon-reducing practices; and
· Encouraging customers to offset some or their entire remaining footprints by guiding them to beneficial green programs.
The carbon footprint calculator is also available to Delmarva Power customers who register to use My Account, which is available on the company's Web site homepage and enables its customers to manage their electric and gas accounts while also learning of ways to save energy and money.
Delmarva Power, a public utility owned by Pepco Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POM), provides safe and reliable energy to nearly 500,000 electric delivery customers in Delaware and Maryland and over 121,000 natural gas delivery customers in northern Delaware .