The Price to Compare (PTC) is the average cost per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for supply, based on your rate classification. The PTC is a tool for you to use in comparing Delmarva’s Standard Offer Service (SOS) electric supply rates with offers from competing certified electric suppliers. To calculate your potential savings as a consumer in a rate class, determine the difference between our "Price to Compare" and the price of other alternate electricity suppliers participating in the Energy Choice Program by subtracting one from the other. If the supplier’s price is less than the "Price to Compare," you’ll save money. Multiply that difference by your average monthly kilowatt-hour (kWh) usage to determine your average monthly and annual savings.
1. Look at the "Price to Compare" chart below to determine your correct rate.
Delaware Residential Price to Compare (cents per kWh)
RESIDENTIAL SERVICE (RS)
RESIDENTIAL HEATING (RH)
RESIDENTIAL TIME OF USE NON-DEMAND (RTE)
The above prices are rate schedule averages, which include estimates for transmission rates.
2. The following is an example using Delmarva Power's residential service ("RS") rate class.
AVG. MONTHLY kWh USAGE
× 750 kWh
*An example using a fictional price. Your savings will differ based on the price of the actual supplier you choose.
3. You can print and use the form below as a calculation worksheet.
Fill in the information on line 1, 2 and 3 to calculate your monthly and annual savings.
1. Delmarva Power's Price to Compare kWh
2. Suppliers Price to Compare kWh
3. Average Monthly kWh Usage
Average Monthly savings
Average Annual savings
Information for Retail Energy Suppliers