Delmarva Power “Pledge” Event Features Energy Conservation Rewards
Monday, October 03, 2011
Gift Cards, Giveaways and Rebates Available Oct. 8 at Lowe’s
SALISBURY , Md. – Delmarva Power will host an event on Oct. 8 at Lowe’s in Salisbury to inform its Maryland customers of ways to save money while conserving energy. The utility’s energy efficiency programs support EmPOWER Maryland, a statewide initiative seeking to reduce energy consumption 15 percent by 2015.
This family-friendly event will feature Delmarva Power representatives and local officials hosting a day of live entertainment, giveaways, and tips and information on how to save energy. Customers can signal their commitment to use less by taking the symbolic “Pledge to Save” while learning about practical ways to use electricity more efficiently at home. Delmarva Power also will share information with customers about its rebates worth up to $300, other rebates that can make energy efficiency improvements and upgrades more affordable, and home assessments to help identify opportunities to improve.
Highlights of the event include:
- Pledge to Save - Take a symbolic pledge and automatically enter to win one of three $250 gift cards to Lowe’s to purchase energy-efficient products for the home. Delmarva Power customers can take the pledge at the event or online at www.delmarva.com/pledge.
- Appliance Swap - Bring old and outdated appliances to be recycled for free.
- Rebates to Lower Energy Costs - Customers will learn ways to make “green” improvements more affordable with rebates up to $300 or more.
- Live entertainment - WQHQ 104.7 FM will play music and give away ten $50 gift cards.
- Family-friendly Activities – Bring the entire family to enjoy live entertainment, food and refreshments, interactive displays and children’s activities all centered on conserving energy and saving money.
This event is open to the public. Delmarva Power’s Maryland customers are eligible to win a $250 gift card and participate in rebates and energy-saving programs. Additional customer benefits include:
- Rebates up to $50 for purchasing ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerators, electric water heaters and room air conditioners;
- Bill credits up to $160 for participating in the Energy Wise Rewards program, which involves cycling customers’ central air conditioners during times of high energy demand in the summer;
- Instant discounts on individual and multi-pack ENERGY STAR qualified compact fluorescent light bulbs;
- Opportunity to sign up for a Quick Home Energy Check-up that includes energy-saving products offered at no additional cost;
- Rebates up to $300 for the system tune-up or purchase and installation of central air conditioning or electric air source heat pump systems to replace existing systems;
- A Home Performance assessment at the discounted rate of $100 (normally $400 or more). Customers can save up to $1,200 on the installation of home energy efficiency improvements recommended by the Home Performance assessment.
Event Location, Date and Time
2606 N. Salisbury Blvd.
Salisbury , MD
Saturday, October 8 -- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For more information on how to save money and energy, visit www.delmarva.com/SaveEnergy.
Delmarva Power, a public utility owned by Pepco Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POM), provides safe and reliable energy to nearly 500,000 electric delivery customers in Delaware and Maryland and over 121,000 natural gas delivery customers in northern Delaware .