Delmarva Power to Launch New Customer Bill
Monday, May 16, 2011
Maryland customers begin receiving re-designed bill this week
SALISBURY , Md. – This week, Delmarva Power customers will begin to receive a new energy bill that is easier to read, more environmentally-friendly and has more individualized energy use information, company officials announced today.
The multi-year effort to re-design the customer’s monthly bill, which included extensive customer input, will launch Friday in Maryland, said John Allen, Vice President, Delmarva Power Region. Delaware customers are scheduled to receive the new bill in early June, he added.
“We’re excited to offer our customers a new bill that is easier to read, understand and has more information on their energy use so they can take better control of it,” Allen said. “We’re committed to improving customer service and this re-designed bill is an example of that commitment.”
Some of the highlights of the new bill include:
- Expanding the energy use bar graph from 13 months to 24 months;
- Enhancing readability by changing the bill format from a top to bottom design to a side to side;
- Switching to duplex (front and back) printing to save paper (and the trees);
- Moving the payment coupon from the top of the page to the bottom; and
- Adding language that better defines supply and delivery charges (cost of producing electricity; cost of bringing electricity to the customer, respectively).
Although the bill is different, the Delmarva Power Customer Care phone number will remain the same, Allen said. That number is: 800-375-7117.
Delmarva Power, a public utility owned by Pepco Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POM), provides safe and reliable energy to nearly 500,000 electric delivery customers in Delaware and Maryland and over 121,000 natural gas delivery customers in northern Delaware.