2007 Coastal Cleanup Kickoff News Conference
Monday, August 27, 2007
Delmarva Power, the Delaware Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Control (DNREC) and other environmental organizations will hold a joint news conference at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 30, 2007 to provide details on the 2007 Coastal Cleanup.
Beaches, riverbanks and inland bays in 76 locations throughout Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey will be cleaned this year. Most sites will be cleaned on Saturday, September 15, while others will hold cleanups on other dates in September or October. More than 2,500 volunteers collected nearly 28,000 pounds of trash in last year’s Coastal Cleanup.
Delmarva Power is the primary corporate sponsor of the event.
Here are the details on the news conference:
- When: Thursday, August 30, 11:00 a.m.
- Where: On the beach (border of Delaware and Maryland), at the end of 146th Street in Ocean City, Maryland
- Speakers: John Hughes, Secretary, DNREC
- Nancy Howard, Ocean City Town Council
- Kathy Phillips, Assateague Coastal Trust
- Geralyn Mireles, Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge
- Matt Likovich, Delmarva Power
- Visuals: Trash that causes harm to aquatic life will be on display.
# # #