Identifying Our Employees
For your protection, every employee is required to carry a photo-identification card at all times. Ask to see this card if anyone claims to be our employee and wants to enter your home.
We carry employer ID cards for your protection, and we expect you to ask us to identify ourselves. Please feel free to do so!
If someone contacts you by phone, ask the caller for a phone number to call them back on. Then call Customer Service a 1-800-375-7117 to verify the program is legitimate.
Our utility workers always will:
- Display their Delmarva Power identification in a visible manner when interacting with customers.
- Take the time to explain to customers the purpose of their visit.
- Be calm and courteous if questioned by the customer and answer any customer questions.
- Reassure our customers that safety and security is our top priority.
- Encourage customers to call Delmarva Power at 1-800-375-7117 to verify the utility worker’s identify.
If you feel threatened or experience suspicious activity, always contact law enforcement immediately.