Protecting Our Environment
Building Stewardship through Environmental Policy
Delmarva Power and its parent company, Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI), is dedicated to conducting its business activities with respect and care for the environment. Among PHI's highest corporate priorities is achieving environmental excellence through pro-active environmental management. The following principles will guide our activities to protect and preserve the environment for our employees, our customers and the communities in which we do business.
- Conduct all operations, including production, transmission, distribution and sales of our products and services, in compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Seek to continually improve our environmental performance through training and integrating environmental considerations into our business planning process.
- Assess our environmental performance on a regular basis and at all levels of the Company.
- Foster dialogue with employees, shareholders and the public, and respond to their concerns about the potential impacts of our operations.
- Promote the prevention of pollution in our business activities.
- Support environmental stewardship through preservation and improvement of our natural resources in the communities in which we operate.
- Provide adequate resources to meet our environmental commitments.
- Support analysis of applicable emerging environmental issues in our industry and the development of cost-effective solutions for environmental problems associated with our business.
- Work pro-actively with science, business, government and the public to promote the development of sound, scientifically-based environmental policy.
- Work with our suppliers, contractors and customers to promote the use of our products and services in an environmentally beneficial manner.
- Compliance with applicable environmental standards is a critical element of our business success. All employees, beginning with top management, are responsible and will be held accountable, including possible disciplinary action, for implementing this policy and ensuring ongoing environmental compliance and protection.
For an overview of these policies, please download this brochure:
|2008 PHI Environmental Stewardship Brochure|